BRICKFORM Lythic Densifier
Lythic Densifier is the faster, safer, easier densifier. It is quick reacting, residue free, and pH less than 10, meaning you save time and money without sacrificing safety or effectiveness. Other densifiers rely on reactive metal silicates while Lythic Densifier is a 99.5% pure silica. This allows Lythic Densifier to be spray applied and react within 10 to 15 minutes. Lythic even works on cementitious overlays and other low lime surfaces where traditional densifiers would not. When it is done reacting, there is no whiting or residue to remove or scrub off. Lythic Densifier provides all the densification, hardening, and permeability benefits of traditional densifiers with a fraction of the effort.
- 1 Gallon Container
- Case of 4, 1 Gallon Container
- 5 Gallon Container
Lythic Densifier Features and Advantages
- Lythic Densifier can be applied to any new or cured concrete surfaces to increase hardness and abrasion resistance, and prevent dusting.
- Lythic Densifier works well with colored concrete by minimizes efflorescence that can dull color. Unlike some silicate densifiers that can contribute to alkali-silica reaction (ASR), Lythic Densifier reduces the risk of ASR.
- Because it bonds to silica in cementitious materials, Lythic Densifier works with low-lime decorative cementitious overlays that do not react well with sodium, lithium, or potassium silicate densifiers.
- Unlike silicate densifiers, Lythic Densifier contains no significant proportion of mineral salts that can discolor concrete.
- It is fast-reacting and does not require scrubbing-in or extensive reaction time. There is nothing to scrub off and no hazardous waste disposal.
Lythic Densifier Performance Benefits
- Hardens surface
- Enables concrete to take a polish
- Bonds to silica in concrete and to itself for density build-up
- Makes surface less permeable, increases resistance to liquid penetration, staining
- Increases surface compressive strength
- Increases impact resistance
- Increases abrasion resistance
- Prevents dusting
- Slows surface damage and extends service life of older slabs
- Works with low-lime decorative cementitious overlays
- Does not yellow or whiten concrete.
- Safe to handle – lower pH than silicates
- Fast reacting – one hour or less
- No overnight curing
- No scrubbing-in
- No residue removal
- No hazardous waste disposal
Lythic Densifier Product Information